Have you ever wondered what dry Amanita Muscaria is and why some use it for various purposes? You have come to the right place if you are curious about this fascinating mushroom.
In this blog, you can learn some tips and tricks to dry your Amanita Muscaria at home using different methods, such as a food dehydrator, an oven, or a window screen.
You will also have a better understanding of this mysterious and powerful mushroom. So, let’s get started!
How To Dry Amanita Muscaria Correctly
Eating dried Amanita Muscaria can bring psychoactive effects on your health if you have the right approaches for this delicious mushroom.
By contrast, If the process of Amanita Muscaria preparation has any mistakes, it becomes a poisonous mushroom for you and your family.
Please follow three ways of how to prepare Amanita Muscaria for trip or at home. Including:
Dry Amanita Through Food Dehydrator
You can savor the taste of Amanita mushrooms throughout the year if you dry them correctly. The best method to dry Amanita mushrooms is to use a food dehydrator.
This device blows warm air over the mushrooms, removing lots of water and preventing decay.
Here is how to do it:
- Wipe Amanita Muscaria with a damp cloth or a soft brush and slice them thinly, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the amanita slices in one layer on the dehydrator trays and leave some room between them for airflow.
- Turn the dehydrator to 125°F (52°C) and let it run for 6 to 8 hours until these wild mushrooms are crunchy and breakable.
- Put the dried products in a sealed container in a cool, dark place and try to keep them good for up to a year.
Dry Amanita Through Oven Drying
The biggest difference between using an oven and a food dehydrator is the stage of setting the temperature.
For drying Amanita with an oven approach, you should set the oven to the lowest temperature possible, preferably below 200°F (93°C).
This will help you to keep the most wonderful flavor for types of mushrooms, not only for Amanita.
You should also put the baking sheet in your oven and leave the door slightly ajar so that moisture can escape effectively.
Remember to check the mushrooms every 15 minutes and ensure that this process can be done in about an hour or when they are crisp and brittle.
Dry Amanita Through Air Drying
The simplest way to dry Amanita mushrooms is to use the air-drying process. This method is natural and inexpensive, but it takes longer than using a food dehydrator or an oven.
All steps for washing or preparing fresh Amanita can be done similarly to an oven and food dehydrator.
You only need to put fly agaric Amanita Muscaria dry mushroom in a sunny and dry spot, such as a windowsill or a balcony, then let it dry naturally for three to five days.
What Should You Do With Amanita Dried?
You have dried Amanita mushrooms – congratulations! You have preserved their flavor and texture, and you can enjoy them anytime you want.
But how will you use them? Here are some suggestions to tempt you:
- Soak dried Amanita mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes, then drain and chop. Add them to soups, stews, sauces, or casseroles to create a rich and earthy flavor. Remember to use the soaking water as broth or sauce.
- Grind Amanita to become powder or salt, which can be used as a seasoning or a supplement. You can put this powder in smoothies, coffee, or milk for a nutritional boost to bring a wonderful taste.
- Use drying fly agaric as a natural material for making art or craft projects. You can paint, glue, string, or sculpt them into various shapes and forms. You can also use them to make jewelry, ornaments, bookmarks, or magnets. Let your creativity shine as a dream-like nature picture!
How Can You Detox Amanita Muscaria Dried From Eating Too Much?
If you consume Amanita Muscaria edible too much, you can be stuck in its negative effects.
The amount of ibotenic acid that can be accumulated is one of the main reasons leading to stomach discomfort.
You should seek medical attention immediately to eliminate all Amanita Muscaria mushrooms in your stomach.
You may need to induce vomiting, take activated charcoal, or receive intravenous fluids to prevent dehydration and organ damage.
To improve your health, you should also be monitored for signs of poisoning, such as low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, seizures, or coma.
Useful Tricks And Tips About Amanita Muscaria Drying
You can use customer reviews for useful tips for any dry plants, including dry Amanita Muscaria. This allows you to have a better experience with how to cook fly agaric. In particular:
- Mushrooms must be bone-dry to be preserved safely. If they are damp, they can grow harmful bacteria and fungi. You can tell if they are dry enough by breaking them in half. Once they crack, they are ready. If not, they need more time.
- You can speed the drying process using desiccant packets (silica powder). Please put them on a paper towel and lay the paper over the mushrooms near the end of the drying time.
- If you want to eat your dried mushrooms, you should heat-dry them. This will reduce the compounds that can make you sick. You can heat-dry them from the start or finish with a quick heat-dry after air-drying them.
How Much Amanita Muscaria Dried Should You Take?
Amanita Muscaria dried is a mushroom that can give you a trip. The amount you need depends on your weight, tolerance, and mood.
A safe amount is usually 1 to 5 grams of dried mushroom. Try to start with a small dose and wait for the effects before taking more.
Is Amanita Mushroom Legal To Use?
The answer is “No” in some countries due to its psychedelic effects.
Nevertheless, Amanita mushroom is legal in most countries, including the United States (except Louisiana, where you can only use it for decoration).
You should consider carefully before using this product to ensure the law’s instruction.
Is Amanita Muscaria A Neurotoxin That You Can Not Enjoy?
Amanita Muscaria has muscimol that can make you hallucinate and feel happy. But it also has ibotenic acid, a neurotoxin that can make you sick and lose control of your body.
You can not enjoy Amanita Muscaria unless you cook it properly to remove the toxin.
No matter how you dry Amanita Muscaria, please keep your eyes on them as they dry. When dry and cool, please put them in glass jars with lids to preserve them in your fridge.
Remember to eat Amanita Muscaria mushroom in a proper amount; if not, your health can be damaged.